Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
STOCK TICKER SYMBOL
Check Point Software Technologies is the worldwide leader in securing the Internet. Making Internet communications and critical data secure, reliable and available everywhere has been and continues to be our ongoing vision. We are committed to staying focused on real customer needs and to developing new and innovative security solutions that redefine the security landscape.
Established in 1993, by Chairman and CEO Gil Shwed, Check Point first pioneered the I.T. security industry with FireWall-1 and its patented Stateful inspection technology, which is still the foundation for most network security technology today.
Ever since the company began, Check Point’s pure focus has been on I.T. security. Adapting to customers’ changing needs, the company has developed numerous technologies to secure the use of the Internet by corporations and consumers when transacting and communicating. In 2006, Check Point created a unified security architecture, using a single management console, unified security gateways and the first and only single agent for endpoint security. In early 2009, Check Point introduced another breakthrough security innovation with its Software Blade architecture: a dynamic, revolutionary architecture that delivers secure, flexible and simple solutions that can be fully customized to meet the exact security needs of any organization or environment.
By April 2009, the Company completed the acquisition of the security appliance business from Nokia, after more than a decade of collaboration in delivering industry-leading enterprise security solutions.
In November 2009, Check Point acquired FaceTime Communications’ application database, adding security controls for over 50,000 Web 2.0 widgets and more than 4,500 Internet applications to our security gateways.
Today, Check Point continues to develop new innovations based on the Software Blade Architecture, providing customers with flexible and simple solutions that can be fully customized to meet the exact security needs of any organization. Check Point is the only vendor to go beyond technology and define security as a business process. Check Point 3D Security uniquely combines policy, people and enforcement for greater protection of information assets and helps organizations implement a blueprint for security that aligns with business needs.
Customers include tens of thousands of organizations of all sizes, including all Fortune and Global 100 companies. Check Point’s award-winning ZoneAlarm solutions protect millions of consumers from hackers, spyware and identity theft.
The foundation of our success is our customer-driven philosophy, our continuous technological innovation, as well as our relentless and pure focus on providing comprehensive, innovative security.
San Carlos, California
Tel Aviv, Israel
- A leader in Gartner’s “Enterprise Network Firewall Magic Quadrant” (1999-2002, 2004-2013)
- A leader in Gartner’s “Mobile Data Protection Magic Quadrant” (2001-2013)
- A leader in Gartner’s “Unified Threat Management (UTM) Magic Quadrant” (2010-2013)
- Market share leader in worldwide combined Firewall and UTM appliance revenue (IDC Q3 2013 Security Appliance Tracker)
- NSS Labs “Recommend” Rating for Next Generation Firewall (NSS Labs 2011 – 2012)
- NSS Labs “Recommend” Rating for Network Firewall (NSS Labs 2011, 2013)
- NSS Labs “Recommend” Rating for IPS (NSS Labs 2011 – 2013)
Check Point’s products contain the world’s most advanced security technology. The Company currently holds 35 United States patents, more than 19 U.S. patents pending, and additional patents issued and patent applications pending worldwide.
Check Point’s products and services are sold to enterprises, service providers, small- and medium-sized businesses and consumers. We secure more than 100,000 businesses and millions of users worldwide, including:
- 100% of Fortune 100 companies
- 100% of Fortune 500 companies
- 100% of Global 100 companies
- 98% of Global 500 companies
- October 2011: Dynasec
- June 2010: Liquid Machines Acquisition
- December 2009: FaceTime Communications’ application database
- March 2009: Nokia Security Appliance Business
- January 2007: Protect Data Acquisition
- January 2007: NFR Security Acquisition
- March 2004: Zone Alarm Acquisition
- Distributors, OEMs, Resellers, OPSEC Partners, MSPs
- Check Point solutions are sold, integrated and serviced by a network of thousands of certified partners
Check Point headquarters are located internationally in Tel Aviv, Israel, and in the United States in San Carlos, California. The Company has offices in the U.S. in Alabama, Arizona, Northern and Southern California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin; as well as in Canada, in the Ontario area.
The Company also has international subsidiaries located in Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, India, Japan, Hong Kong, P.R. China, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Canada.
AWARDS AND INDUSTRY HONORS
As an industry leader, Check Point has received recognition from around the globe.