Check Point products consistently meet and exceed the stringent requirements established by internationally recognized standards, approval processes and independent security industry tests. That’s why Check Point solutions are essential for agencies and companies tasked with maintaining the highest level of security and confidentiality. The following list summarizes third-party certifications received by Check Point products. If your organization requires additional certifications not listed here, please contact us to learn more about certification for Check Point solutions.
Withstands US Government penetration testing – AVA_VLA.3.
AVA_VLA.3 – Most stringent level of US Government certification
- Protection Profile Identifiers:
- US Department of Defense Application-Level Firewall Protection Profile for Medium Robustness Environments, Version 1.0 (Archived)
- US Department of Defense Traffic-Filter Firewall Protection Profile for Medium Robustness Environments, Version 1.4 (Archived)
- Intrusion Detection System Protection Profile, Version 1.6, dated April 4, 2006 (Archived)
Full Security Gateway certification details are listed on the NIAP-CCEVS Product compliance list.
Check Point Software Technologies 21400 version R7x and 4800 Version R7x are certified for firewall and VPN and listed on the US Department of Defense Unified Capabilities(UC) Approved Products List and have completed Interoperability (IO) and Information Assurance(IA) certification requirements for use on US Department of Defense Networks.
The certification process is conducted by theDefense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Unified Capabilities Connection Office (UCCO).
Common Criteria is an internationally recognized standard and an ISO standard (ISO-IEC15408) for evaluating the security claims of IT products and systems. Certification provides customers with a higher level of assurance that the security of a product as evaluated meets the standards for security requirements.
Check Point offers EAL4 certified security solutions for firewall, VPN, IDS, IPS, management,secure logging, and endpoint security. Check PointIntegrity is the only endpoint security solution from a major security vendor to achieve CommonCriteria EAL4 certification.
- Check Point SecurityAppliances with Security Management andSecurity Gateway R77 on GAiA R77 extends the claims made in R7x and VSX(both awarded in 2012) and includes FIPS compliant cryptography, VSX, GAIA, IPS, Acceleration, HTTPS inspection, and 2012appliances, Smart-1, IAS, IP, Power-1 andUTM-1. Click here for additional details.
- Endpoint Security E80.30 certified at Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2 augmented with ALC_FLR.3 (Flaw Remediation). Certification claims includes Full Disk Encryption Blade, Media Encryption & Port Protection Blade, Firewall & Application Control Blades, Compliance Blade and VPN Blade.
- Check Point Software Blades R7x awarded EAL4 with claim to 3 US Government Protection Profiles (application level firewall, traffic filter firewall, IPS. Certification Target of Evaluation (TOE) included Cluster and acceleration, FIPS compliant cryptography, and 3 tier architecture. All 2012 hardware and IAS appliances are included in the TOE.
- Check Point VSX R67 in combination with Check Point Provider-1 R71 is certified at Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 4 augmented with ALC_FLR.3 (Flaw Remediation). Certification claim includes firewall, IPS, VPN, virtual systems, high availability and ClusterXL, and Check Point 2012 appliances.
- Check Point Firewall Technology (VPN-1 NGX) running on Check Point Appliances was awarded a Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 4 augmented with AVA_VLA.3 (Medium Robustness) and ALC_FLR.3 (Flaw Remediation)by NIAP-CCEVS. This certification level confirms that the Check Point Security Gateways withstood penetration testing to an attacker possessing moderate attack potential. Check Point appliances were shown to meet and exceed the requirements of two U.S. DoD Medium Robustness Protection Profiles, for proxy and traffic filtering firewalls. In addition, the products meet the requirements of the NSA System Protection Profile for an Intrusion Detection System (IDSSPP). The IDSSPP provides a level of protection appropriate for IT environments that require detection of malicious and inadvertent attempts to gain inappropriate access to IT resources.
VPN-1 conforms to the Intrusion Detection System Protection Profile, March 9, 2005 and meets the functional requirements of the Application-Layer Firewall Medium Robustness V1, June 2000, and the Traffic-Filter Firewall Protection Profile for Medium Robustness Environments, V1.4 June 2000.
- Endpoint Security Full Disk Encryption , Pointsec PC 6.3.1 is certified at EAL4
- Check Point Endpoint Security Media Encryption is certified at EAL4
- Integrity 6.5Agent Is certified at EAL4 with ALC_FLR.2,AVA_VLA.3
- NFR Sentivist ™ (now Check Point IPS-1™) Is certified at EAL2, conformant to the US government IDS/IPS Protection Profile
Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS)140-2 defines security requirements for cryptographic modules for US government NationalSecurity Telecommunications and InformationSystems. Security Policy (NSTISSP) #11.
CryptoCore V2.0 is certified for Windows 7 and OS X10.7 32/64 bit inc. AES-NI with certificate 1959FDE 7.5 and E80.40 use the certified module and commence support for Windows 8 with UEFI.
CryptoCore 2.0 (16 bit preboot forFDE)
- The Security Gateway with firewall and VPN Software Blades certificate 1977 is certified toFIPS 140-2
- Security Management is certified with certificate 1978
- VSX is certified with certificate1976
- Provider-1 is certified with certificate 1979
- Check Point IP Appliance 1551 1552
- Connectra 1474
- FDE Cryptocore: Commencing from FDE 7.5 and Endpoint E80.40 we include 2 certificates (the 1st for pre-boot and the 2nd for Windows and OS X in both 32 and 64 bit:
- Check Point Full Disk Encryption for Symbian9 770
- Check Point Media Encryption 784
- Pointsec Mobile 1100
The CESG CCTM scheme verifies the claims security vendors make for their solutions for data confidentiality, integrity and availability in the modern government IT environment. Its test methodology is uniformly applied to all candidate products and services to ensure that certification provides a consistent and objective quality benchmark for network managers and purchasers. It is operated by CESG, theInformation Assurance arm of the GovernmentCommunications Headquarters (GCHQ). More information is available at www.cctmark.gov.uk.
Check Point has certified through the CESGCCTM:
- UTM-1 Edge W
- Endpoint Media Encryption
- Endpoint Full Disk Encryption
- Pointsec for Pocket PC
- Pointsec for PC Enterprise Workplace Edition
Certified to include IPv6 mandatory core protocols and interoperability with other IPv6implementations.
- Check PointSoftware Blades R75.40 on GAiAwas awarded the IPv6 Ready Phase 2 logo and was additionally accredited as passing the IPv6 Firewall testing for this version
Check Point Software Blades R7x passed IPv6 certification against the US Government IPv6 profile in the Network Protection Device(NPD)and Router categories for IPSec, IKE, ESP and Firewall.
R7x is now listed on the University of New Hampshire Web.
Independent testing and certifications for Firewall and IPSec, including the security functions of data source authentication, data integrity and confidentiality.
- Security Gateway R77 is IPsec certified to ICSA IPsec 1.3 enhanced criteria
- Security Gateway R77 is certified to ICSA corporate firewall criteria
- UTM-1 Edge W is certified to ICSA corporate firewall criteria
Leading independent security products testing organization evaluating performance, security effectiveness and usability. (FW, NGFW, IPS)
Check Point actively participates in NSS Labs tests, excelling in the industry’s most comprehensive third-party firewall, NGFW and intrusion prevention (IPS) group testing to date.
- 2015 NSS Breach Detection Systems (BDS) Test – NSS Labs Recommended
- 2013 Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) Test – NSS Labs Recommended
- 2013 Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)Test – NSS Labs Recommended
- 2013 Firewall Test – NSS Labs Recommended
- 2012 IPS Group Test – NSS Labs Recommended
- 2011 Firewall Group Test – NSS Labs Recommended
- 2011 NGFW Test – NSS Labs Recommended
- 2010 IPS Group Test – NSS Labs Recommended
Section 508 of the United States Rehabilitation Act of 1973 mandates that Federal agencies acquire products which enable people with disabilities to have access to information and data in a way that is comparable to the access and use experienced by people without disabilities.
VPN-1 NG FP-1 complies with Section 508, and is compatible with assistive technology.