Check Point's latest R76 software release takes security to the next level – it's packed full of new and improved security features, including:
- Extended support for IPv6
- Enhanced Data Loss Prevention with file fingerprinting
- Enriched Secure Web Gateway event reporting
- Manage Endpoint and Network security from a single, improved management console
- New, unified Endpoint security solution for both PC and Mac -- unique in the industry!
- Unified monitoring, analysis and reporting of Endpoint and Network security events
- and many more security enhancements!
- Extended IPv6 Support
- Enhanced Data Loss Prevention
- Secure Web Gateway Reporting
- Single Pane-of-Glass Management
- PC and Mac Endpoint Security
- More R76 Enhancements
IPv6 Extended Support
IPv4 addresses are already exhausted, and IPv6 is gaining momentum – IPv6 global internet traffic grew 3X in 20121 and 58% of ISPs have already implemented IPv62.
1Google, January 7th 2013
2zdnet.com's June 2012 survey included 67 ISPs covering over 110 million households worldwide
Enhance Data Loss Prevention with File Fingerprinting
Check Point’s DLP enables organizations to monitor and control what type of data may or may not leave the organization, thus preventing sensitive data from getting into the wrong hands.
An Exchange agent also enables users to prevent data from getting to the wrong hands within the organizational boundaries.
In R76, Check Point enhances its DLP solution to scan and fingerprint sensitive file repositories. Subsequently, a user can be alerted when a fingerprinted file is sent outside of the organization – or the file can be blocked from being sent out at all.
Resource: DLP Software Blade
Enriched Secure Web Gateway Reporting
Check Point’s Secure Web Gateway is a multi-layered solution that uniquely unifies security for all aspects of the web. Enabling organizations to leverage the power of Web, the Secure Web Gateway offers the largest and most granular application control in the industry. Integrated anti-malware protects organizations from malicious downloads, using the innovative collaborative threat intelligence repository ThreatCloud™ with over 9 million malware signatures and over 900,000 malicious sites identified.
In R76 Check Point Secure Web Gateway’s monitoring, analysis and reporting is enriched with new detailed user and user-group reports.
The amount of time spent by users on sites and applications are shown in all SWG logs, events and reports
Resource: Secure Web Gateway
Manage Endpoint and Network security from a single management console
With R76, Check Point Endpoint security can be managed from the same management console as Network security – with unified monitoring, analysis and reporting.
Leverage the only unified Endpoint security solution for PC and Mac
Check Point’s unique Software Blades architecture for Endpoint, now available for the Mac, offers a modular solution that includes the following capabilities:
- Firewall and Compliance check stops unwanted traffic, prevent malware and block targeted attacks. It also verifies a number of compliance checks before an endpoint can access your network, such as verifying the right level of service packs, an updated virus definition, applications that should be running and applications that should NOT be running on the endpoint. All these are checked before access to your network is allowed
- Full disk Encryption automatically and transparently secure all information on endpoint hard drives
- Media Encryption centrally enforceable encryption of removable media and port control
- Anti-Malware protects your endpoint from unsecure, malicious and unwanted applications
- Remote Access provides secure, seamless access to corporate networks remotely
R76 includes many new features, including:
- Enforce SafeSearch in URL Filtering
- Filter cached and translated pages in search engines
- Filter HTTPS traffic without decryption
- User and user-group granularity in DLP
- DLP whitelisting
- UserCheck email notifications in DLP
- UserCheck notifications for Anti-bot and Antivirus
- Enhanced gateway durability
And much more!