Check Point Enterprise Support Lifecycle Policy
Check Point's Enterprise Support Lifecycle policy outlines the product support guidelines for a product's lifecycle. The objective of this policy is to standardize and normalize product lifecycle practices, thereby enabling Check Point customers to make more informed purchase, support and upgrade decisions.
All Check Point products (except third-party products sold by Check Point) are covered by this policy. Customers who are operating Check Point products under a valid Support & Maintenance Agreement are entitled to the benefits associated with this policy.
The table below is for announcements on coming/close by EoS dates and will be updated from time to time
|Appliance / Product||End of Support||Recommended Successor Product|
|Check Point SecureClient||June 2011||Endpoint Security VPN E75|
|Check Point VPN-1 and Provider-1 NGX R65||31 March 2011*||Check Point security Gateway and Management R71 or R70 Software Blades|
|Check Point Eventia NGX||31 December 2010||Check Point SmartEvent Blade or Appliance|
|Pointsec for PC 6.1x (Already at End of Support)||31 October 2010||Endpoint Security E80|
|IP350||30 November 2011||IP395|
|IP380 / IP385||30 November 2011||IP395|
|IP530 (Already at End of Support)||March 31st 2010||IP565|
|IP740 (Already at End of Support)||June 30th 2010||IP565|
* IP 260/265, 350/355/380/385, 710, 1220/1260, 2250/2255 will be supported with NGX R65 (IP265 with R62) until the Appliance EoS date or 6 months after an upgrade to R70/R71 will be available to the relevant appliance.
Software Support Lifecycle Policy Guidelines
Check Point is committed to providing support for all software products for a minimum of four (4) years, starting from the general availability date of the product's major version. 'General availability date' is defined as the date on which a product is officially made available for purchase.
In addition, Check Point aims to support a minimum of two major versions of all software products. Check Point usually ends support for a major product version only when:
- The second subsequent major product version has been released, or
- At least four (4) years have elapsed since the release of the major version in question
Appliance Support Lifecycle Guidelines
Check Point provides a comprehensive support lifecycle for its appliances, including
- Software/Operating System support -
- The latest version of the software that was installed on the appliance is fully supported until 1 year after Successor Product Availability Date Announcement.
- Maintenance releases/bug fixes are supplied until 3 years after Successor Product Availability Date Announcement. These fixes may require a software upgrade by the customer
- Fixes and software upgrades will be supplied until 5 years after Successor Product Availability Date Announcement to handle support issues. New software releases may require the purchase of hardware upgrades by the customer.
- Technical Assistance
- Full TAC support from the Check Point Technical Assistance centers is supplied until 5 years after Successor Product Availability Date Announcement
- Units and parts can be replaced via Check Point's RMA process. Check Point will provide same or similar parts or full unit replacement when needed.
Check Point reserves the right to modify this policy at any time; notifications regarding changes in policy will be posted on this page.