Check Point Enterprise Support Lifecycle Policy
Check Point's Enterprise Support Lifecycle policy outlines the product support guidelines for a product's lifecycle. The objective of this policy is to standardize and normalize product lifecycle practices, thereby enabling Check Point customers to make more informed purchase, support and upgrade decisions.
All Check Point products (except third-party products sold by Check Point) are covered by this policy. Customers who are operating Check Point products under a valid Support & Maintenance Agreement are entitled to the benefits associated with this policy.
The tables below summarize recent End-of-Sale and End-of-Support announcements and will be updated from time to time.
Recent End-of-Sale Announcements:
Click here for a list of IP SKU's being terminated.
Recent End of Support Milestones:
|Appliance / Product||End of Sale||End of Support||Recommended Successor Product|
|IP 1220||31 Dec 2013||12600 Appliance|
|IP 1260||31 Dec 2013||12600 Appliance|
|IP 2250||31 Dec 2013||21400 Appliance|
|IP 2255||31 Dec 2013||21400 Appliance|
|IP VPN 50i||31 Dec 2013||IP 290|
|IP VPN 500i||31 Dec 2013||IP 1280|
|Check Point VPN-1 Power VSX NGX R65||31 December 2013||Check Point VPN-1 Power VSX R76|
|Check Point R71||01 April 2014||Check Point R77|
|Check Point Endpoint Security R73 and Mac FDE 3.x||31 March 2014||Check Point Endpoint Security E80.50|
|Check Point VPN-1 Power VSX NGX R67||31 May 2014||Check Point VPN-1 Power VSX R76|
* IP 260/265, 350/355/380/385, 710, 1220/1260, 2250/2255 will be supported with NGX R65 (IP265 with R62) until the Appliance EoS date or 6 months after an upgrade to R70/R71 will be available to the relevant appliance.
Software Support Lifecycle Policy Guidelines
Check Point is committed to providing support for all software products for a minimum of four (4) years, starting from the general availability date of the product's major version. 'General availability date' is defined as the date on which a product is officially made available for purchase.
In addition, Check Point aims to support a minimum of two major versions of all software products. Check Point usually ends support for a major product version only when:
- The second subsequent major product version has been released, or
- At least four (4) years have elapsed since the release of the major version in question
Appliance Support Lifecycle Guidelines
Check Point provides a comprehensive support lifecycle for its appliances, including
- Software/Operating System support -
- The latest version of the software that was installed on the appliance is fully supported until 1 year after Successor Product Availability Date Announcement.
- Maintenance releases/bug fixes are supplied until 3 years after Successor Product Availability Date Announcement. These fixes may require a software upgrade by the customer
- Fixes and software upgrades will be supplied until 5 years after Successor Product Availability Date Announcement to handle support issues. New software releases may require the purchase of hardware upgrades by the customer.
- Technical Assistance
- Full TAC support from the Check Point Technical Assistance centers is supplied until 5 years after Successor Product Availability Date Announcement
- Units and parts can be replaced via Check Point's RMA process. Check Point will provide same or similar parts or full unit replacement when needed.
Check Point reserves the right to modify this policy at any time; notifications regarding changes in policy will be posted on this page.