Planning the Safe@Office Firewall Security Policy
Before creating a security policy for your system, answer the following questions:
- Which services, including customized services and sessions, are allowed across the network?
- Which user permissions and authentication schemes are needed?
- Which objects are in the network? Examples include gateways, hosts, networks, routers, and domains.
- Which network objects can connect to others, and should the connections be encrypted?
- What should be the event logging policy?
- Which Quality of Service (QoS) classes will you need?