Installing Non-ADSL Models
To install the UTM-1 appliance
- Verify that you have the correct cable type.
For information, see Network Requirements.
- Connect the LAN cable:
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to one of the appliance's LAN ports.
- Connect the other end to PCs, hubs, or other network devices.
- Connect the WAN cable:
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the appliance's Ethernet WAN port.
- Connect the other end of the cable to a cable modem, DSL modem, or office network.
- Connect the power adapter to the appliance's power socket, labeled PWR.
- Plug the power adapter into the wall electrical outlet.
Warning: The UTM-1 appliance power adapter is compatible with either 100, 120 or 230 VAC input power. Verify that the wall outlet voltage is compatible with the voltage specified on your power adapter. Failure to observe this warning may result in injuries or damage to equipment.
Typical Connection Diagram