Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd.(NASDAQ: CHKP), the worldwide leader in securing the Internet, today announced its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013.
- Total Revenue: $344.1 million, representing a 4 percent increase year over year
- Non-GAAP Operating Income: $ 200.8 million, representing 58 percent of revenues
- Non-GAAP EPS: $0.85, representing an 8 percent increase year over year
- Deferred Revenues: $566.8 million, representing a 12 percent increase year over year
“We are very pleased with our healthy third quarter results. Revenue and earnings per share for the quarter were toward the high-end of our projections, underscoring the strength of our business,” said Gil Shwed, founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Check Point Software Technologies. “The recently launched data center and small appliance families were received enthusiastically by our customers and posted another quarter of high growth.”
Third Quarter 2013 Financial Highlights:
- Total Revenue: $344.1 million, an increase of 4 percent, compared to $332.4 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- GAAP Operating Income: $186.5 million, an increase of 2 percent, compared to $182.6 million in the third quarter of 2012. GAAP operating margin was 54 percent, compared to 55 percent in the third quarter of 2012.
- Non-GAAP Operating Income: $200.8 million, an increase of 3 percent, compared to $195.6 million in the third quarter of 2012. Non-GAAP operating margin was 58 percent, compared to 59 percent in the third quarter of 2012.
- GAAP Net Income and Earnings per Diluted Share: GAAP net income was $159.7 million, an increase of 5 percent, compared to $152.4 million in the third quarter of 2012. GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.80, an increase of 10 percent, compared to $0.73 in the third quarter of 2012.
- Non-GAAP Net Income and Earnings per Diluted Share: Non-GAAP net income was $168.9 million, an increase of 3 percent, compared to $164.1 million in the third quarter of 2012. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.85, an increase of 8 percent, compared to $0.79, in the third quarter of 2012.
- Deferred Revenues: As of September 30, 2013, we had deferred revenues of $566.8 million, an increase of 12 percent, compared to $505.9 million as of September 30, 2012.
- Cash Flow: Cash flow from operations was $195.5 million, an increase of 8%, compared to $180.4 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Share Repurchase Program: During the third quarter of 2013, we repurchased 2.3 million shares at a total cost of $128.3 million.
- Cash Balances, Marketable Securities and Short Term Deposits: $3,664.3 million as of September 30, 2013, an increase of $417.5 million, compared to $3,246.8 million as of September 30, 2012.
For information regarding the Non-GAAP financial measures discussed in this release, please see “Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information” and “Reconciliation of GAAP to Non-GAAP Financial Information.”
During the quarter we released the latest version of Check Point’s industry-leading Software Blades Architecture incorporating Threat Emulation to the platform. In addition, we expanded the breadth of our data center family of appliances:
Check Point Security Gateway R77 – Incorporates more than 50 product enhancements, including the new ThreatCloud Emulation Service, Check Point HyperSpect™ performance enhancing technology, and Check Point Compliance Software Blade. R77 enables customers to take advantage of our comprehensive security platform to attain high levels of security with a lower total cost of ownership.
Check Point Threat Emulation – Check Point Threat Emulation prevents infections from undiscovered exploits, zero-day and targeted attacks. This innovative solution quickly inspects files and runs them in a virtual sandbox across multiple OS versions to discover malicious behavior and prevent discovered malware from entering the network. Threat Emulation is available as a software blade or Private Cloud Emulation Appliance leveraging the ThreatCloud Emulation Service.
13500 Data Center Appliance Launch – The 13500 Appliance leverages Check Point HyperSpect™, which maximizes hardware utilization, and delivers 23.6 Gbps of real-life firewall throughput, 5.7 Gbps of real-life IPS throughput and 3,200 SecurityPower™ unit (SPU) rating.
Worldwide Industry Recognition:
Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Unified Threat Management – Check Point is positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Unified Threat Management (UTM). The company has been in the Leaders quadrant for three consecutive years.
Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection – Check Point is positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection (MDP). The company has been in the Leaders quadrant for seven consecutive years.
Top Position in Worldwide Combined Firewall and UTM Appliance Market – Check Point continued to be the number one vendor in worldwide combined Firewall and UTM appliance revenue for Q2 2013, according to the IDC Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker Q2 2013.
Shwed concluded, “The introduction of Threat Emulation in R77 empowers organizations of all sizes to protect their networks from malicious documents utilized by the most sophisticated APT attacks. The leadership and innovation of our security solutions is recognized by the market research firms and embraced by our customers.”
Fourth Quarter 2013 Investor Conference Participation Schedule:
- Wells Fargo Securities Media & Technology Conference
November 12, 2013 – New York, NY
- RBC Global Technology Conference
November 13, 2013 – New York, NY
- UBS Global Technology Conference
November 20, 2013 – Sausalito, CA
- Credit Suisse Annual Technology Conference
December 4, 2013 – Scottsdale, AZ
- Raymond James Supply Chain Conference
December 9, 2013– New York, NY
Members of Check Point’s management team will present at these conferences and discuss the latest company strategies and initiatives. Check Point’s conference presentations are expected to be available via webcast on the company’s web site. To view these presentations and access the most updated information please visit the company’s web site at www.checkpoint.com/ir. The schedule is subject to change.
Conference Call and Webcast Information
Check Point will host a conference call with the investment community on October 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM ET/5:30 AM PT. To listen to the live webcast, please visit the website at: www.checkpoint.com/ir. A replay of the conference call will be available through October 28, 2013 on the company’s website or by telephone at +1.201.612.7415, replay ID number 422171.