Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: CHKP), the largest pure-play security vendor globally, today announced the release of the company’s 15000 and 23000 Series appliances. The new purpose-built hardware addresses the need for increased cyber security and protections, including zero-day protection, in order to safeguard the entire enterprise from current and future threats.
The evolving sophistication of cyber criminals and their attacks is challenging the effectiveness of traditional security solutions. According to a recent Check Point Security Report, more than 106 unknown malware downloads occur every hour and this number is growing. And yet, the report found only a fraction of enterprises use forward-looking security technologies to help prevent zero-day attacks, mainly due to concerns over network performance and uptime.
“Preventing cyberattacks require businesses of all sizes to adapt their infrastructure with greater strength, greater speed and greater sophistication,” said Gabi Reish, vice president of product management, Check Point. “By enabling the full-spectrum of threat prevention in the data center, Check Point’s 15000 and 23000 Series appliances provide IT leaders with tools they need to confidently stay one step ahead of the advanced cyber threats of today and tomorrow.”
The new Check Point 15000 and 23000 Series appliances protect high-end enterprise and data center networks with a unique approach – combining the most complete, advanced threat prevention with a dedicated platform that supports security demands without compromising performance or uptime. For example, the new appliances feature:
- Access to the most advanced threat prevention in the industry. With today’s threats requiring next-generation technology focused on stopping attacks before they happen, the new appliances feature fully integrated firewall, intrusion prevention system (IPS), anti-bot, antivirus, application control, URL filtering and award-winning sandboxing technology in Check Point SandBlast.
- The most scalable, robust solution to address the growing trend and demand of encrypted data. By enabling IT to inspect its full mix of encrypted traffic (secure socket layer, or SSL) without sacrificing performance, the appliances are built in anticipation more and more attacks on enterprises are expected to originate from encrypted traffic.
- A future-proofed technology platform to anticipate tomorrow’s risks. Applying innovative design principals such as comprehensive redundancy; flexible network connectivity (copper and fiber); easy serviceability through out-of-band management; and 40G expansion cards to manage the increasing volume of data, these appliances are designed to address today’s challenges, while laying a strong security foundation for the future.
“Threat mitigation is a vital necessity within today’s IT infrastructure,” said Simon Lewis, noted international cyber security expert and CEO/Founder of the network security services firm Dataway. “We recommend our customers use products that provide the highest of quality standards and will be able to adapt to the changing dynamics of the threat landscape. Check Point understands the security complexities of a large enterprise and how to help customers protects themselves from malicious attacks.”
The Check Point 15000 Series includes two models, the 15400 and 15600; and the 23000 Series includes two models, the 23500 and 23800. All four products are available immediately.
For more information, including technical specifications, visit:
- 15000 Series Page: //www.checkpoint.com/products/15000-security-appliances/index.html
- 23000 Series Page: //www.checkpoint.com/products/23000-security-appliances/index.html
- Check Point Blog: http://blog.checkpoint.com/2016/01/26/a-major-step-ahead-in-network-security/
Follow Check Point via:
Check Point Blog: http://blog.checkpoint.com/