Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: CHKP) today announced it has once again been positioned as a Leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls. The new report evaluated the company’s ‘completeness of vision’ and ability to execute in areas such as security management and threat prevention. Check Point has been positioned as a Leader in Enterprise Network Firewalls since 1997.
“The Leaders quadrant contains vendors that build products that fulfill enterprise requirements. These requirements include a wide range of models, support for virtualization and virtual LANs, and a management and reporting capability that is designed for complex and high-volume environments, such as a multitier administration and rule/policy minimization. A solid NGFW capability is an important element, as enterprises continue to move away from having dedicated IPS appliances at their perimeter and remote locations. Vendors in this quadrant lead the market in offering new features that protect customers from emerging threat, provide expert capability rather than treat the firewall as a commodity, and have a good track record of avoiding vulnerabilities in their security products. Common characteristics include handling the highest throughput with minimal performance loss, offering options for hardware acceleration and offering form factors that protect enterprises as they move to a new infrastructure form factors,” states Gartner.i
With a focus on helping business of all sizes stay one step ahead of cybercriminals, Check Point’s comprehensive approach to security includes industry-recognized technology such as Next-Generation Firewalls, Next-Generation Threat Prevention, mobile security, cloud security solutions and security management.
“Innovation has been at the core of Check Point since our first firewall product and continues to drive to our new technologies. We’re proud to be placed in the Leaders quadrant for enterprise network firewall and recognized for our vision and execution,” said Gabi Reish, vice president of product management, Check Point. “The cyber world is dynamic and the next generation firewall with advanced threat prevention technologies will continue to play an integral role in combatting evolving cyber threats. Check Point is continually innovating to enable and empower security leaders to maximize their role as true partners to the business.”
Over the last year, Check Point’s road map has been defined by a number of new technology solutions designed to better enable customers and ultimately transform the security industry:
- Check Point expanded its Threat Prevention portfolio with SandBlast, SandBlast Agent and SandBlast Cloud, bringing to market the first CPU-level threat prevention and threat extraction technologies.
- A host of new appliances gives organizations of any size, from small businesses to large-scale deployments, the power to run advanced threat prevention capabilities such full inspection of encrypted data, without compromising performance.
- The new R80 security management platform addresses the sprawling complexity of securing today’s modern enterprise, delivering the ability to consolidate all aspects of a security environment into one single place, further paving the way for new-levels of automation capabilities for time-consuming security tasks.
- Check Point offers its firewall over Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure for public cloud support and integrates with VMware NSX for software-defined networking use cases.
- Mobile Threat Prevention stops threats on iOS and Android platforms, delivering real-time threat intelligence and visibility for existing security and mobility infrastructures.
To access the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Firewall Market Report: /resources/gartner-leader-enterprise-network-firewall/index.html.
Follow Check Point via:
Check Point Blog: https://blog.checkpoint.com/
About the Gartner Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.