Check Point® Software Technologies (Nasdaq: CHKP) today opened its annual U.S. customer event, the Check Point Experience (CPX), in Chicago. The three-day conference is dedicated to addressing today’s most pressing cyber security challenges and helping customers of all sizes develop strategies to stay one step ahead of increasingly sophisticated hackers and malware.
The event continues the CPX annual global security series that kicked-off in Nice, France, this past April, featuring more than 200 unique breakout sessions from Check Point and its community of partners and customers. With more than 4,000 expected attendees worldwide, this year’s conferences are supported by more than 41 sponsors and exhibitors, including AccessIT Group, Arrow, Black Box, Gotham Technology Group, Tufin and VMware.
From the largest metropolis to the most remote village, our world is more linked than ever before. Cloud, mobility and IoT are changing how we deploy and consume technology. The digital economy is here to stay – inspiring and empowering leaders to compete more effectively, and drive positive change throughout the world. While these changes create new and inspiring opportunities, they also introduce challenges as virtually every major decision to leverage technology evokes security concerns. The cyber threat landscape is evolving at a rapid pace as threats become more sophisticated and more frequent than ever before, and businesses need to shift their security strategies from detection to prevention, and look to consolidate solutions in order to have the best defense.
CPX 2016 will host industry discussion on these key trends, and provide insight into the strategies and technologies required to secure their infrastructures – across all environments and devices. The General Session Keynotes will feature senior business executive and security luminaries including:
- Daniel Burrus, Global Futurist and New York Times best-selling author
- Shamla Naidoo, IBM, Vice President of IT Risk and CISO
- Randy Hultgren, U.S. Congressman and member of the Committee on Science, Space and Technology, and a member of Cybersecurity Caucus
- Steve Winterfeld, Nordstrom, Director of Information Security
- Col. Fred Schwien, The Boeing Co., Director of Homeland Security Programs and Strategy
- Patrick J. Woods, Missouri State Highway Patrol, CISO
- Gil Shwed, Check Point, Founder and CEO
- Amnon Bar-Lev, Check Point, President
- Dorit Dor, Check Point, Vice President of Products
Attendees also will have opportunities to see the latest advanced Threat Prevention technology in action, as well as preview future security breakthroughs such as:
- SandBlast Cloud. Leveraging Check Point’s unique CPU-level detection and Threat Extraction capabilities, Sand Blast Cloud was announced today to proactively safeguard Microsoft Office 365TM email customers from modern, sophisticated threats such as ransomware and APTs, allowing organizations to move to cloud infrastructure with confidence.
- New Advanced Zero-Day Protections. Demonstrations of new zero-day protection technologies showcase solutions in development designed to proactively prevent evolving threats such as phishing campaigns, malvertising and ransomware. With the ability to block threats in real-time based on dynamic site analysis advanced heuristics, sandboxing and threat extraction, the browser extensions are expected to be available in the second half of 2016.
The U.S. CPX 2016 runs through Wednesday, May 19, at the McCormick Place in Chicago.
CPX 2016 Online Resources
- For a comprehensive list of CPX 2016 exhibitors and sponsors, please visit the U.S. Sponsorship Page.
- For a complete list of keynote speakers, please visit the U.S. Speaker Page.
- The 2016 agenda also is available for CPX Chicago.
Follow Check Point via:
Check Point Blog: https://blog.checkpoint.com/