Medigate + Check Point
Medigate and Check Point's Integrated Solution
Medigate and Check Point are delivering an IoT and IoMT security solution that addresses the security risks connected devices generate in the clinical network. Combining Medigate’s industry-leading, clinically contextual visibility and detection capabilities with Check Point’s proven Security Gateway capabilities provides healthcare organizations with a healthcare security solution tailored to their unique needs.
Key Features of Medigate and Check Point’s Integrated Solution
- Comprehensive and accurate discovery of all connected medical devices
- Clinically-contextual anomalous behavior detection
- Auto-generated policies based on device attributes
- “Single pane of glass” viewing for all Medigate generated content on Check Point’s Smart Console
- Automated activation of IPS signatures against known IoT exploits
- 24/7 enforcement of protective and preventative security policies on individual medical devices
- Mitigate security flaws and reduce risk of successful cyber attacks
- Prevent infected medical devices from spreading to other systems
- Gain actionable insights for management of IoMT and IoT connected devices
Learn How The Solution Works
Medigate’s passive platform is easily installed within a hospital’s network and integrates with Check Point’s R80 management system and Security Gateways. Once connected, Medigate’s medical device security platform shares identified device and application information with Check Point’s SmartConsole. This enables an all-in-one viewing experience for complete device visibility information generated by both platforms, creating a seamless experience.
It all starts with granular visibility of every medical device on the network. Utilizing deep packet inspection, Medigate provides fingerprinting of a device’s unique identifiers, including: configuration, utilization, performance and location. Integrating the two systems enables the data from both systems to be displayed within the Check Point SmartConsole, removing the needed to flip back and forth between dashboards.
Having the ability to tag medical devices by functionality type, vendor and model name enables more granular policy management capabilities. Medigate also makes sure that the tags stay current by constantly monitoring changes in the device’s network properties, such as IP address and software version.
Four types of security policies through Check Point’s Security Gateways:
- Network Segments Restriction
Authorize and block access between network segments tailored by device types / other device clustering logic (e.g. restrict medical device of a particular manufacturer access to Internet domains).
- Port Restriction
Leverage Medigate’s clinical domain expertise to control a device’s authorized ports and enforce only vendor-approved communications.
- Protocol Restriction
Reach the deepest level of network traffic inspection, authorizing only proprietary device protocols and block threatening communication methods
- Group to Group Restriction
Authorize connections between specific devices, such as an infusion pump and its dedicated gateway and server, while blocking all communication out of manufacturer scope.