End of Sale for the IP Series Appliances: December 31, 2013
Effective December 31, 2013, Check Point IP Series Appliances and Accessories are no longer sold, as notified on June 3, 2013. Support for the IP Appliances will continue for the next 5 years (until December 2018), as per the Check Point Appliance Support Timeline.
Check Point IP Appliances customers are encouraged to migrate to Check Point 2012 Security Appliances. Built on the Check Point Software Blades Security Architecture, the 2012 Appliances offer more robust and scalable security capabilities, as well as many additional benefits including:
- x3 Performance boost compared to predecessor IP Series appliances
- More security with full Software Blades support on all appliances
- Next Generation Secure Operating System – GAiA (released April 2012) combines the best features from IPSO and SecurePlatform into a single unified OS providing greater efficiency and robust performance
- Extendible and serviceable hardware supporting variety of network interface options and advanced Lights-Out-Management
- Advanced acceleration technologies with the Security Acceleration Module offering sub 5 micro-second Firewall latency and unmatched performance of 110 Gbps Firewall Throughput
Contact your Check Point local sales team or your Check Point Partner now
to find out how to trade your existing IP appliance with 100% credit
(and up to 25% discouint) towards a new Check Point appliance!
Affected IP Series Appliance Products
||Recommended Successor Product
| For a full list of IP Appliance and Accessory SKU’s included in end of sale, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What appliances are included in this End of Sale announcement?
A: Affected IP appliances are: IP 2450, IP 1280, IP 690, IP 560, IP 390, IP 290, and IP 280.
Q: Will I be able to order a new IP Appliance after 31-December 2013?
A: Yes. Orders of new IP Appliances beyond the End of Sale date will be handled by Check Point Partner Alliance Regional Sales Desk (email@example.com) and will be addressed per stock availability.
Q: Will I be able to order a new accessory for an existing IP Appliance after 31-December 2013?
A: Orders of new IP accessories beyond the End of Sale date will be handled by Check Point Partner Alliance Regional Sales Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be addressed per stock availability.
Q: I have an existing IP Appliance. Is it still supported?
A: Yes. IP Appliances will continue to be supported until December 2018 per the Check Point Appliance Lifecycle Policy.
Q: Can I extend support beyond that date?
A: Yes. Extending support for IP Appliances beyond December 2018 is possible and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. For more information, please contact your Check Point local team or your Check Point partner.
Q: Will this announcement affect RMA policy for IP Appliances?
A: No. RMA for IP appliances (and their accessories) will continue to end of support date in accordance to RMA Policy.
Q: I have additional questions regarding this. Who should I contact?
For more details, please contact your Partner Alliance Regional Sales Desk or email email@example.com.